Sunday, August 24, 2008

cleaning up my act

An image of the bed we left behind... I miss our apartment so much!  Especially now, when tomorrow friends are packing things up for us because our landlord sold our apartment out from underneath us.  That's Asia for you... things happen unexpectedly and you have next to no control over your life at any given moment.  Most days I handle it pretty well-- then there are times (like right now) when it leaves me close to tears.

I've been inspired by reading several blogs tonight of friends I thought I'd lost touch with... I've been totally absorbed in pictures of their husbands, families, children and lives... So much has happened in a few short years!  It's made me realize the value of a space like this, and I want to do a lot more on this blog.  Pictures say more than words ever can... I'm on my way to a new camera so we can do even more than we've been doing.  Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that there are friends to pack things up but that doesn't take away those feelings of no control. Thank goodness God is in control and someday you will be able to see it more clearly. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl... Thanks for sharing how your doing. I have be lifting you guys up ever since I heard from our friends who are doing your packing about what happened to your appartment. I hope you are still planning to come back and see us.

    I have had a hard week too, facing some of the uncertanites of life out here. But we look UP and we keep going. Love you guys and miss you lots

    ReplyDelete