Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Back in sunny New Zealand, with a high of 33 degree Celsius today (91 Fahrenheit)-- hot, dry and blonde, a big contrast to the wet, chilly green of California winter.  



We had a really satisfying visit with my family this past month, and it was sad to leave.  We enjoyed time with my immediate family, my grandparents and my uncle, and even had time to see a few Californian natural wonders: the redwoods, the beautiful coast, the Napa/Sonoma vineyards.  



My parents babysat overnight so James and I could go away for our 3-year anniversary, and we had a wonderful stay at a beautiful inn on the coast.  



After a wonderful holiday visit, we're ready to buckle down and start getting ready to move back to Central Asia.  We have a program to start learning our new language, and dialogue continues with our new orchard company about a departure date and plans for the move.  Please keep thinking of us as we move into a house in Christchurch this week and start making specific preparations.  

0 comments:

Post a CommentBest Blogger Tips