Saturday, June 9, 2012

what am I really looking for?


The boys are contentedly playing in the living room.  After a 6-day trip, all their toys seem new.  They are happy for the quiet and silence of familiarity, and I am too.  
Checking email, I hear two-year-old Ben squeak up and down with exaggerated inflections: “I just found my boun-cy ball!  I found it when I was look-ing for it!  Were you looking for it, Will?”  
I sit perfectly still for a minute, his squeaky voice echoing in my mind: “I found it when I was look-ing for it!”  And I think about how a two-year-old’s mind tumbles out concepts in fresh combinations of words, since he’s not had time to learn how things are “normally” said.  
The things I really want to find -- the things my soul needs to find… am I looking for them?  
“You will seek me and find me. When you seek me with all your heart, I will be found by you,” declares the LORD…~Jeremiah 29:13-14 

But from there you will seek the LORD your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul.
~Deuteronomy 4:29 

“And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; 
seek, and you will find; 
knock, and it will be opened to you. 
For everyone who asks receives, 
and the one who seeks finds, 
and to the one who knocks it will be opened.”
~Luke 11:9-10

So today?  
Seeking Him, with all my heart.  
Searching for Him, with all my soul.  
Asking, and waiting for the Giver of all good things to find me.  
* * * 
What are you looking for today?

0 comments:

Post a CommentBest Blogger Tips